One of my rules of any of my site development is to be as transparent and open to any and all work that is done for the site. In this case, as this will have a very public activity to it, I’ve chosen to reveal all of my changelogs and any current projects for the site here.
While my ability to fund any premium updates to this site is very limited at this point, I’m giving people the opportunity to take a part in the site’s development, and will reveal any sort of funding options for any major projects that require money to them. If you wish to participate in this project, please make sure you only use the link I create on this page. Once the funding is completed, I will remove the link from the page.
If it is desired, when the project is completed, if funding was required, I will provide details to it here, and give credit to those who pitched in. This site is meant to be a fun one for the community, and any who have decided to have a say in its direction should receive a pat on the back as well.
If funding is not achieved on a project that needs it, it will be held to the side until the time comes that I can fund it myself. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not being done at all, though.
1. Related Posts by Author
Status: Issue resolved based on broken plugin. Plugin has been updated.
Funding Required: Undetermined
Details: Plans to implement a secondary ‘related posts’ addition to individual post pages, to display posts that were submitted/written by the author in particular. Planning and research still being conducted for this addition.
2. Submission Notification
Status: Research Phase
Funding Required: Undetermined
Details: Plans to implement a notification system. When a post made from a user submission is posted, the user will be notified by email that it has gone live. Research still being conducted towards this concept.
– A plugin to allow this has been located. Investigating.
3. Broken Comments
Status: Research Phase
Funding Required: Undetermined
Details: Sporadic issues with commenting have been noted. New commenting system is in consideration, and research is being made for this purpose.
Projects on Hold
1. Spoiler Filtering System
Status: ON HOLD
Funding Required: No.
Reason: Filtering plugin is a premium plugin. However, this plugin doesn’t have the capabilities necessary for intended use.
Details: This plugin allows for an exclusionary filter to be added to the site’s tagging system. This is the planned endgame of the site’s taxonomy structure, regarding its tags. A sidebar tool will then be created to allow readers to remove posts containing the selected game, as a means to filter out spoilers from that specific title, and allow them to browse the site without checking every post’s tags in order to dodge spoilers.
Comp(s) for Added Function: (Text might not reflect final results.)
Status: RESOLVED. Use Shortcodes ultimate code for quotes instead.
Funding Required: Undetermined, but Unlikely
Details: The current blockquotes are plain, and need to be styled slightly to make them a little more reader friendly, yet remain separated and obvious as quotes in particular.
Editor Level Capability Modifications
Status: Issue resolved.
Details: Investigating an issue involving editor level access. May need to utilize a specialized plugin to fix issues involving this.
Kiseki Crack Twitter Account
Status: Account created and integrated to the site.
Details: Account created to hold name, ‘@kisekicrack’ on twitter, along with a gmail account to be paired with it. Time to begin setup for the account. Potentially implementing a plugin to allow all editors access to the twitter account from the site dashboard.
- 17 new headers have been added to the rotating header setup.
- Investigation begun on the site’s commenting issue.
- Plugin Audit in process to clean up plugins. Updates to that will be listed here when complete.
- Completing GDPR compliance for the site.
- Twenty Fourteen theme updated to 2.1
- Two plugins updated.
- WordPress updated to 4.9.
- Installed WP to Twitter for Social Sharing Integration
- Customized and setup @KisekiCrack on twitter.
User Submitted Posts had also broken editor access to files. I was able to confirm that this has been fixed. The project listed above has been completed and tested.
An update broke the User Submitted Posts plugin on the site that added new options and features to the plugin. These new features were ’empty’ for settings and needed to be set, as the error was caused by it unexpectedly finding nothing in these new fields.
The fields have been set to ensure the site operates normally, and the error message has been cleared.
- Submitted posts now arrive into the site under ‘Pending’ status. This is to prepare for a contributor email notification system.
- Emails going out to editors will now have the submittor’s name in the subject.
- Purchased and Installed Search and Filter Pro.
- Tested a few features.
- Since discovered that plugin is not capable of exclusionary searches- must have misread capabilities elsewhere when playing with the non-pro version.
- I have reached out to the developer to see about getting a refund for the plugin.
- Maintenance Mode removed on esterior.net location.
- Maintenance Mode activated on sanctuarycrew.com location.
- Changed the property location in Google Analytics data.
- Activated Jetpack’s social media commenting system. You can utilize WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, etc to leave comments. You still need to register to the site to submit theories and/or questions.
- About esterior.net page added and updated. (Updated to all sites on esterior.net, as well.)
- New admin post regarding the new site has been posted.
- Removed the ‘recent comments’ sidebar option.
- Recent posts is still in place on the sidebar, but Popular Posts has been configured and is ready to replace it after traffic has been recorded for a couple of weeks.
- WP plugin “Search and Filter” installed and configured to allow viewing by tag only, but not activated on the site. The last step will be to set it up so that it will *exclude* tags in question, thus officially making it effective as the spoiler filter I had planned from the start of the site. However, this last function requires a Pro version of the plugin, and it has been shelved for the time being, until I can afford to purchase the pro version.
- Minor tweaks to the positioning of the page and width have been made via the site’s CSS.
- Easy Content Templates has been installed, but not activated, in case there is a need for it in the future.
- Require Featured Image has been installed and activated. Posts will not be able to be published without a featured image from now on.
- WordFence is installed and configured to match the security thresholds on Endless History.
- Ultimate Shortcodes, as used on Endless History, has been installed, as well as its Pro add-ons.
- footnotes, as used on Endless History, has ben installed and can be used in posts now. Mouseover box still needs to be configured however.
- “No Feature Image!” category has been emptied and deleted.
- Instead of using Contact Form 7, I’ve configured a plugin called USP that allows for user submissions being added directly as drafts.
- Preparing the ‘new site’ welcome page, but it isn’t completed. This admin post will announce Aliseyun as a new editor for the site, as well.
- Installing a ‘maintenance mode’ plugin to the sanctuarycrew.com location, which will re-route regular visitors to the esterior.net location when activated.
- Post and Comment Migration Complete. Yay!
- Submission Form and Comment Sections Closed on sanctuarycrew.com location.
- Installing and activating Contact Form 7 on esterior.net location.
- ‘Related Posts’ functionality added to the site.
- JetPack issues have been resolved.
- Activated all the plugins for the site, implemented captcha and Akismet. Activated and configured WordFence.
- Comment allowance for media has been disabled.
- NotePress activated, and Editor and up has access to leave notes to individuals on the dashboard.
- Site has been configured for Google Analytics.
- Temporary Google Analytics property setup – plan is to move the original Kiseki Crack property to integrate the data at the new location once the site is ready to open.
- Fourteen Colors activated, so that the menu colors match the rest of the site scheme.
- wp-jquery-lightbox is active for image display- however, it is extremely out of date. Starting the process to look for a new lightbox plugin to replace it.
- SSL fully reactivated.
- Require Featured Image plugin is installed, but not activated. This won’t be activated until we clean up the posts that don’t have featured images.
- New location is currently in hold state, regarding plug-ins, for Jetpack support to do work on the current Contact Form settings. This troubleshooting is impacting Endless History, as well.
- 1/4 of the way complete with post transfers
- Plan is worked up to switch Kiseki Crack from Jetpack contact form to Contact Form 7, still yet to implement. When it is implemented, details will be added in this section.